State Member for Holsworthy, Melanie Gibbons MP, announced that construction is set to begin on temporary car parking spaces for public transport customers at Edmondson Park Station during the upgrade of the existing car park.
“When I announced the additional spaces last year, I said that temporary car parking would be made available during the construction of the new multi storey car park – and I’m happy to be able to deliver on this commitment.
“Landcom will build the temporary parking on behalf of Transport for NSW and work is set to begin in the coming weeks.” Ms Gibbons said.
The temporary cark park will have around 180 free and untimed spaces and be located next to the existing car park on the northern side of the station. These spots are expected to be available while major work on the new multi-storey car park is underway.
The new multi-storey commuter car park is the first step in delivering up to 2,000 additional spaces at Edmondson Park Station and is expected to open in mid-2021.
Key features of the new multi storey car park include:
- up to 1000 additional parking spaces
- free parking for up to 18 hours
- accessible parking spaces
- lift access
- road pavement and pedestrian pathway upgrades
- CCTV, lighting and wayfinding for improved safety and security
- provision for electric vehicle charging spaces and motorbike parking is also being assessed.
For more information on the project, please visit: