80% Double Dose Roadmap (anticipated end of October)
27 Sep 2021
Under the Reopening NSW roadmap at 80 per cent double dose (anticipated at the end of October), the following freedoms will apply only to fully vaccinated adults (16+) and those with medical exemptions (staff and patrons).
Gatherings in the home and outdoor public spaces
- Up to 10 visitors will be allowed in a home (not including children 12 and under)
- Up to 20 people can continue to gather in unregulated outdoor settings
- Up to 200 people can attend COVID Safe events
- Up to 500 people can attend controlled (ticketed and seated) events
- Community sport permitted
- Those who are not fully vaccinated may only gather outdoors in groups of 2 people.
Venues including hospitality, retail stores and gyms
- Retail stores can operate at one person per 4 sqm (those who are not fully vaccinated will continue to only have access to non-critical retail via click-and collect)
- Personal services such as hairdressers, spa, nail, beauty, waxing, tattoo and massage) can operate with one person per 4 sqm (uncapped)
- Hospitality venues can operate with one person per 4 sqm inside and one person per 2 sqm outside, with the requirement to be seated while drinking indoors removed. Group bookings will be limited to 20 people. Those who are not fully vaccinated can only access hospitality settings for takeaway
- Gyms and indoor recreation facilities (excluding indoor pools) can operate with one person per 4sqm, capped at 20 people per class.
Major outdoor recreation facilities
- Major recreation outdoor facilities including stadiums, racecourses, theme parks and zoos can operate with one person per 4 sqm, capped at 5,000 people (or by exemption).
Entertainment, information and education facilities
- Entertainment facilities (including cinemas, theatres, music halls) can operate with one person per 4 sqm or 75 per cent fixed seated capacity (whichever is larger)
- Information and education facilities (including libraries, galleries and museums) can operate with one person per 4 sqm
- Amusement centres and nightclubs will remain closed.
Working from home
- Employers must continue to allow employees to work from home, if reasonably practicable
- Employers must require employees who are not fully vaccinated to work from home, if reasonably practicable.
- Return to school with COVID Safe measures on 25 October (as previously announced).
Weddings, funerals and places of worship
- One person per 4sqm (uncapped) for weddings with dancing permitted and eating and drinking allowed while standing. Those who are not fully vaccinated may only attend weddings with a maximum of 5 guests (no receptions)
- One person per 4 sqm (uncapped) for funerals. Those who are not fully vaccinated may only attend funerals with a maximum of 10 people
- Churches and places of worship can continue to open with one person per 4 sqm, with no singing. Those who are not fully vaccinated will be allowed.
- Unrestricted trips between Greater Sydney and Regional NSW will be permitted
- Caravan parks and camping grounds can operate, including for those who are not fully vaccinated
- Carpooling is permitted. Those who are not fully vaccinated can only carpool with their household.
- Masks will remain mandatory for all indoor premises and settings, except children under 12
- Only hospitality staff will be required to wear a mask while outdoors
For further information about the Reopening NSW roadmap, go to
Whilst we are on the homeward stretch, mental health and financial support is available.
Please see the below links for assistance: