On Wednesday 1 December 2021, the following settings will apply to all NSW citizens, regardless of their vaccination status:
Gatherings in the home and outdoor public spaces
- No limit on the number of visitors to a home
- Density will shift to one person per 2 sqm for indoor and outdoor settings
- No limit on the number of people who can attend informal outdoor gatherings
- COVID Safe plan required for outdoor events with more than 1,000 people
- Community sport permitted for all people.
Venues including hospitality, retail stores and gyms
- Retail stores can operate at one person per 2 sqm
- Personal services such as hairdressers, spa, nail, beauty, waxing, tattoo and massage can operate with one person per 2 sqm
- Hospitality venues can operate with one person per 2 sqm inside and outside, with no seating required for eating and drinking
- Gyms and indoor recreation facilities, including indoor pools, can operate with one person per 2 sqm (uncapped)
- Intimate services can open with one person per 4 sqm
Major outdoor recreation facilities
- Major recreation outdoor facilities including stadiums, racecourses, theme parks and zoos can operate with one person per 2 sqm.
Entertainment, information and education facilities
- Entertainment facilities (including cinemas, theatres, music halls) can operate with one person per 2 sqm
- Information and education facilities (including libraries, museums and galleries) can operate with one person per 2 sqm
- Amusement centres and nightclubs can open with one person per 4 sqm.
Working from home
- Working from home will be at employer’s discretion.
- All year groups return to face-to-face learning.
Weddings, funerals and places of worship
- One person per 2 sqm for weddings with dancing permitted and eating and drinking allowed while standing
- One person per 2 sqm for funerals
- Churches and places of worship can operate with one person per 2 sqm, with singing permitted.
- Domestic travel, including trips between Greater Sydney and Regional NSW
- Caravan parks and camping grounds can operate
- Carpooling is permitted
- Quarantine settings for vaccinated arrivals will be altered. A cap on unvaccinated travellers may remain.
- Masks wearing will be mandatory while travelling on public transport, on planes and at airports, and for front-of-house hospitality workers
- Mask wearing is not required when outdoors.
For further information about the Reopening NSW roadmap, go to
Whilst we are on the homeward stretch, mental health and financial support is available.
Please see the below links for assistance: